It is imperative that anyone considering a Rent to Own or Lease Purchase Home who has damaged credit begin the process of credit restoration immediately. The sooner the better!
If you aren’t interested in restoring credit, then our Lease Purchase program probably isn’t for you. Why?
- There is no point in throwing away the option consideration fee if you aren’t going to do what it takes to eventually own the home.
- Unless you are serious about repairing your credit, you are better off renting.
- If you don’t do what it takes now, you will probably never qualify for a mortgage!
Credit repair takes time. It isn’t going to happen overnight. So, you should begin working on your credit as soon as you make the decision that owning a home is important to you!
The main focus of credit repair is to help people prepare for financing while living in the house. Almost every person that comes to us falls into one of 3 categories in regards to their credit and what they need:
- Derogatory items and incorrectly reported items that require credit improvement.
- Lack of open trade lines that require establishing new trade lines with secured cards.
- All of the above.
Often times, when an old account is sold to another company, the dates are reported incorrectly or information about that account is reported incorrectly. Many times the same account will show up multiple times due to the account being sold to other companies. If somebody goes through a bankruptcy, it’s almost inevitable that there are items that aren’t reporting correctly on the credit report. Getting items straightened up on the report is where credit improvement comes in.
The credit improvement program we recommend was specifically designed to help people in our program prepare for financing. Not only do they prepare in depth credit analysis for each of their clients, but they will work for you to resolve incorrectly reported items, and even assist with budgeting!
In many situations, credit improvement is absolutely vital for success in financing your home. The program is a month to month program, so people might cancel the credit improvement service after you get your financing, but many have continued on to assist in raising their scores even higher.
Secured Credit Cards and Lines of Credit
In the current financial market it is extremely important to establish active trade lines utilizing secured cards and/or lines of credit. Lenders in most cases require at least 3 active trade lines for the applicant. Obtaining secured cards and using them properly is a great way to raise your scores, particularly when used in conjunction with credit improvement. But with the lenders now requiring 3 active trade lines, secured cards have become a necessity for most people coming to us!
The Bottom Line to Financing
The bottom line to getting financed in most cases can be summed up as this:
- Enroll in credit improvement – trust the professionals to help you do it faster
- Obtain at least 3 secured cards or 3 active trade lines
- NEVER, NEVER be late on any payments while in the house – (this includes rent payments and any payments on credit accounts, your car loan, etc.)
- Set priorities! Don’t buy that new car (or big screen TV, etc.) until you have bought your house!
By following these main rules, you will be well on your way to home ownership!